Are you looking for an easy and natural way to clean your upholstery and fabrics? Look no further than vinegar! Not only is vinegar a natural cleaning product, but it can also be used to tackle tough stains and remove unwanted odors. With just a few simple steps, you can use vinegar to effectively clean upholstery and fabrics with ease. In this blog post, we will be discussing 5 ways to naturally clean upholstery and fabrics with vinegar, as well as how to use vinegar to remove stains and odors.
Tips Before Cleaning with Vinegar
Will cleaning with vinegar leave a smell?
When it comes to cleaning with vinegar, many people worry that it will leave behind a pungent smell. While this is true in some cases, there are ways to reduce the smell or get rid of it entirely.
Tip #1: Make your own vinegar cleaner.
One way to deodorize vinegar is to add ingredients like citrus fruits, herbs, and spices to it. Some citrus fruits you could add include lemon peels or orange peels. Anytime you peel a lemon or orange fruit, just add the peels into a jar with white distilled vinegar. Let the jar of vinegar and citrus peels sit at room temperature for a week for optimal fragrance, then fill up a cleaner bottle to start using your natural citrus vinegar cleaner.
Herbs also make for a great addition to your homemade vinegar cleaner. Use thyme, rosemary, or parsley to make a vinegar cleaner that smells good. This will help to mask the smell and make your DIY vinegar cleaner have a naturally pleasant fragrance.
Just follow these easy steps:
- Fill a clean jar with 1/2 cup dried herbs.
- White vinegar should be added to the jar of your choosing about 1 1/2 cups at a time.
- Shake it after you put on the lid. Shake the mixture about every day or every few days for two weeks (and store it).
- Here’s a YouTube guide from Mudbrick Herb Cottage. They do a great job of explaining the benefits of adding different herbs to your vinegar cleaner.
- You can also add essential oils to your vinegar cleaner to give it a sweeter scent. Mix a spray bottle with one cup of white vinegar and two cups of water. Add about 30 drops of the essential oil you choose and shake well.
Tip #2: Purchase scented vinegar cleaners.
Alternatively, you can purchase vinegar cleaners that are formulated to smell good, such as lemon-scented cleaners. These cleaners often contain essential oils that can help mask the smell of the vinegar. Of course, this option could be pricier than making your own DIY vinegar cleaner.
Tip #3: Use baking soda to naturally clean with vinegar.
If you want to get rid of the vinegar smell completely, you can try adding baking soda to your mixture. This can help absorb the smell and leave behind a more neutral scent.
Tip #4: Let the fresh air in.
Finally, be sure to open windows or turn on fans during and after the cleaning process to air out any lingering smells. This will help to reduce the amount of time you spend smelling the vinegar, giving you a clean home without a harsh smell.
When it comes to cleaning upholstery, white vinegar can be a powerful tool. It is a natural, non-toxic cleaner that is not only effective but also affordable. When using vinegar to clean upholstery, it’s important to remember that it should never be used on delicate fabrics such as silk or velvet.
Here’s how to clean upholstery with white vinegar:
- Vacuum the furniture piece to remove dirt and dust particles.
- Dilute equal parts of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on the upholstery and let it sit for about 10 minutes before wiping it down with a damp cloth.
- To get rid of any remaining odors, sprinkle some baking soda on the upholstery and leave it to sit overnight.
- Vacuum the furniture piece again the next day.
Vinegar is an excellent natural cleaner that can help you easily clean upholstery without harsh chemicals. However, if you’re not confident in your ability to clean upholstery with vinegar, it may be best to call in a professional who knows how to clean upholstery with vinegar safely and effectively.
Carpets can be a challenge to clean, but they don’t have to be. You can use white vinegar to clean carpets, as it is an effective natural cleaner. Here’s how to clean carpets with vinegar:
- Start by vacuuming the area to remove dirt and debris.
- Mix one part white vinegar with two parts water in a bucket or spray bottle.
- Apply the solution to the affected area and scrub with a brush.
- Let the solution sit for 15 minutes before blotting it up with a towel.
- If you want to deodorize the area, you can add a few drops of essential oil to the solution or sprinkle baking soda over the area.
Following these steps will help you clean your carpets effectively with vinegar. However, if you are concerned about leaving a vinegar smell, then make sure to deodorize it with baking soda or essential oils before you are done.
Rugs can easily accumulate dirt, dust, and pet hair, making them difficult to clean. Fortunately, vinegar can be an effective way to clean them. Here are some tips on how to clean rugs with vinegar:
- Mix equal parts white vinegar and warm water in a spray bottle. Shake the bottle to mix the solution and spritz it onto your rug.
- Scrub the rug lightly with a brush or sponge and allow the solution to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse the rug with cool water using a garden hose or bucket.
- Allow the rug to air dry or pat it down with a towel.
How do you deodorize vinegar? You can add a few drops of essential oils such as lemon or lavender to help mask the smell of vinegar. Alternatively, you can make a DIY vinegar cleaner that smells good by adding 3 oranges and 4 lemons to an unused jar and then adding white vinegar to it. Our tips above should be very helpful in how to get rid of the vinegar smell.
Curtains are an important part of any home and can be quite difficult to clean due to their delicate fabric. However, cleaning them naturally with vinegar is a great option for those looking for an effective yet safe way to clean their curtains.
When using vinegar to clean your curtains, be sure to dilute it with an equal part of water. This will help to avoid damaging the fabric while still cleaning effectively. When applying the vinegar solution, use a cloth or brush to gently rub the solution into the fabric in small circular motions. Once you have cleaned the curtains, rinse them with a damp cloth and hang them up to dry.
5) Fabric sofas
Fabric sofas are some of the most expensive and aesthetically pleasing furniture pieces in your home. Unfortunately, fabric sofas can be quite difficult to clean. It can take a lot of effort and time to get them looking their best. Fortunately, vinegar is a natural cleaner that can help make cleaning your fabric sofas easier and more effective.
To clean your fabric sofa with vinegar, first begin by vacuuming the surface of the sofa to remove any dirt or debris. Next, mix 1 part vinegar with 4 parts water and apply the mixture to the fabric using a spray bottle or damp cloth. Then, scrub gently with a soft brush or cloth to remove any stains. When finished, let the sofa air dry completely before using it again.
Cleaning stains with vinegar can also be very helpful. Create a paste of equal parts baking soda and white vinegar, and apply it to the stain. Allow the mixture to sit on the stain for 30 minutes before blotting it up with a dry cloth. Repeat if necessary until the stain is completely removed.
By using vinegar, you can easily clean your fabric sofa and keep it looking great for years to come. With just a few simple steps, you can ensure that your sofa looks as good as new.
Let Us Safely Clean Your Home!
Plan: B Cleaning can match your needs, whether you’re on the go, overworked, or simply no longer want to bother with household chores. In our company, we believe in going the extra mile, which is why we invest the time to train everyone. The work we do is detailed and we hold each other to the highest standards. If you have stains or your home needs a refresh, give us a call and we will help you get your home looking good as new!
We proudly provide house cleaning services in Fishers IN, Carmel IN, Noblesville IN, Hamilton County IN, Geist IN, Broad Ripple IN, Westfield IN, and surrounding areas. Give us a call at (317) 572-8515, email firstname.lastname@example.org or request your free estimate whenever you need reliable cleaning services.