The most important thing you can do at the start of the New Year is to make healthy changes, particularly in your cleaning and lifestyle habits. While any time is a good time to make a change, the new year is often a good time for reflection and action. Additionally, it’s very easy to lose your focus on this as the year goes on, and it’s likely that you’ll need to change your habits more than once as you go through life. Here are some tips from Plan: B Cleaning on how to start new year’s resolutions with healthy cleaning habits, and then maintain those cleaning habits throughout the rest of the year!
Resolve to start a good habit
The new year is a great time to start fresh and develop healthy habits that will stick with you throughout the year if you are consistent. A good place to start is by evaluating your living space and making sure it’s clean and organized. This will help you feel less stressed and more productive.
Here are some tips to get you started on getting into healthier habits this year:
- Before you begin, set yourself up for success by laying out what needs to be done. Don’t overwhelm yourself, just pick one or two tasks each day so that they can be completed before moving on to the next task.
- Use Google calendar, a tracking app, paper planner, or agenda to help you stay organized regarding key dates and key tasks. Update regularly to ensure you are working toward your goals daily. No system is foolproof, so do what works best for you!
- Encourage yourself along the way! You can set up a reward system or way to incentivize yourself. Treat yourself however you want, with whatever budget you have! Treats can include a shopping spree, spa day, or even smaller items along the way. If you like to journal, you can purchase another item of stationery. If you enjoy baking, you can invest in a new tray or icing tip set. Invest in yourself and your interests. Positive reinforcement can go a long way! You also need to maintain discipline.
How to develop the discipline you need
If you’re someone who struggles to keep up with healthy cleaning habits and holding yourself accountable, then developing discipline is key. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Set realistic goals for yourself – Don’t try to change everything at once, focus on one or two things that you really want to improve.
- Make a plan – Once you know what your goals are, come up with a plan of action on how you’re going to achieve them. This can include scheduling time for yourself, setting reminders, or finding an accountability partner.
- Start small – Take baby steps and celebrate each accomplishment along the way.
Small changes lead to big results
If you’re like most people, you probably want to focus on improving your health and well-being in 2023. Cleaning is a big part of health and well being, and a great New Year’s resolution. Dust, grime, and allergens in the cracks and crevices of your home can harm your immune system in the long run. There may also be mold growing and hiding in dingy spaces. Small changes lead to big results!
Even if you spend five minutes to put away or wipe down as much as you can, your home or office will gradually become more organized and cleaner. Try not to be intimidated by what seems like a daunting task. Little by little, you can work toward a clean space whenever you have some extra time.
Be patient – Changing cleaning habits takes time so don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately.
It may seem like every time you clean, it gets messy again. Dust comes back, dishes pile up, and so on. Changing habits takes time so don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately. You need to be patient with yourself and focus on grace and gratitude as well!
Storage and organization hacks for every room in your home
One way to keep things clean is by decluttering and organizing your home. A tidy space can help you feel calmer and more in control. Plus, if the stuff is all picked up and put away, it is easier to wipe down, vacuum and so on. Plus, it can make it easier to find things when you need them or want to put them back. Follow these simple storage and organization hacks for every room in your home!
- Use bins. Bins come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and even textures. You can find a fabric bin, plastic bin, and so on. You can place them in any room and fill them with any thing
- Use racks and shelves. Use shoe racks, book shelves, and more. This investment goes a long way!
- Use labels! Labels make it easier to see what is inside these bins and boxes. You can use a label or simply create your own with paper and pen!
3 Do-It-Yourself Ideas to Elevate Your Space
- Give your front door a fresh coat of paint. This will instantly add curb appeal and make your home feel more welcoming.
- Plant some flowers or shrubs in pots near your front door. This will add color and life to your home’s exterior.
- Hang some wind chimes near your front door or in your backyard. This will create a calming atmosphere and help you relax after a long day.
Is cleaning on your resolution list for the year? Start 2023 off right by getting your space in order! You’ll feel more productive and less stressed when your environment is clean, tidy, and well decorated.
We’ll do the cleaning while you and your loved ones focus on celebrating and working toward your new goals! If you are looking to hire a cleaning service for your home or office to ring in the new year, you know who to call!
We recommend signing up for a one-time, weekly, biweekly, or monthly cleaning service with Plan: B Cleaning. This will give you the time to do what you love most and start the new year off strong in Fishers, Indiana. Plan: B Cleaning serves the Hamilton County area in Indiana, including Fishers, Carmel, Noblesville, Westfield, Fortville, and Geist. Call today to set up your cleaning service at (317) 572-8515 or visit our website at www.planbcleaning.com.