Christmas time can be an exciting, yet stressful time of year. If you’re like most people, your days will be filled with cooking, shopping, cleaning, and other holiday activities to make sure that you’re ready for the big day on December 25th. However, another important aspect of the holiday (your home) can easily be forgotten if you don’t take the proper precautions! Follow these 8 tips from Plan: B Cleaning on how to get your home ready for Christmas!
1) Storage Ideas
1. Invest in some good storage bins. This will help you keep your decorations organized and prevent them from getting damaged.
2. Store your holiday decor in a cool, dry place. Heat and humidity can damage delicate materials like garlands and lights.
3. Use clear plastic bins to store smaller items like ornaments and Nativity scenes. This will help you find what you need quickly and keep everything dust-free.
4. Hang heavier items like wreaths on hooks or over doorways. This will save you space and prevent them from getting damaged by being stacked on top of each other.
5. Keep all of your wrapping paper, ribbon, and bows in one place.
2) Festive Crafts – DIY Christmas Wreath
Here is a quick guide to making your own Christmas wreath!
1. Start by gathering all of your supplies. You will need a wreath form, wire cutters, hot glue, and a variety of artificial greenery.
2. Cut the greenery into pieces that will fit well on your wreath form.
3. Begin hot gluing the greenery to the wreath form, starting at the bottom and working your way up.
4. As you add pieces of greenery, vary the heights and textures to create an interesting look.
5. Once you’ve covered the entire wreath form, take a step back and consider where you might want to add some extra embellishments.
6. Add embellishments include pinecones, berries, ribbons, and flowers.
You can also reuse the leftovers to make more ornaments or decorate gift wrap!
3) Wrapping Paper Storage
One of the best ways to get your home ready for Christmas is to declutter and get organized. One area that can be easily overlooked is wrapping paper storage. If you don’t have a designated spot for storing wrapping paper, it can quickly become a tangled mess. Paper can unravel and get crumbled. To avoid this, create a wrapping paper storage solution that works for you and your space. You can purchase a wrapping paper roll rack or organizer online. Or, you can cut out even holes in a large cardboard box and place the rolls vertically.
4) Deck the Halls
Here are some fun ways to deck the halls and brighten up your space:
1. Hang up some lights. Lights are what really give a space that festive feeling. You can put them up inside and outside your home.
2. Place a wreath on your door. Wreaths are a classic Christmas decoration that add a touch of elegance to your home’s décor.
3. Put out a Nativity scene. Nativity scenes are not only beautiful, but they also remind us of the true meaning of Christmas.
4. Set out a bowl of candy canes.
5. Hang up mistletoe on the ceiling – maybe at your front door!
5) Brighten Up Curtains
Nothing says Christmas like a brightly lit living room. If you want to give your home an instant holiday makeover, start by adding some festive cheer to your windows. New curtains are an easy way to do this, and they don’t have to be expensive. You can find plenty of affordable options at your local home store or online. Just make sure to measure your windows before you shop so you know what size curtains you need.
Look for golds, wintery whites, or whatever will fit your theme! You can also add light strands behind your curtains or on the rods.
6) Holiday Plants and Greenery
One of the best ways to get your home feeling festive is to add some holiday plants and greenery. Poinsettias are a classic Christmas plant, and they come in a variety of colors. You can also go for a more traditional look with holly or evergreens. If you want something a little different, try amaryllis or paperwhite narcissus. No matter what you choose, make sure to keep your plants healthy by watering them regularly and giving them plenty of sunlight.
Of course, greenery also includes a nice Christmas tree from your local farm. You can also opt for a reusable alternative. Either way, decorate with lights, ornaments, and love!
7) Light Up the Night
No matter what your budget is, there are plenty of ways to add some extra holiday cheer to your home. One of the easiest and most impactful ways to do this is by adding string lights. You can drape them across your fireplace, wrap them around your stair railing, or even just line them along your window sills. Not only will it make your home look more festive, but it’ll also make it feel cozier and more inviting. You can also use Candles with wintery scents to spice it up!
8) Schedule a Deep Cleaning
No one wants to welcome the holidays with a cluttered, messy house. Give yourself a head start by scheduling a holiday house cleaning with Plan: B Cleaning before the decorating and entertaining begins. We’ll do the cleaning, so you can enjoy the holidays to the fullest!
Contact Us! You do the holiday decorating, we’ll do the cleaning! If you are looking to hire a cleaning service to treat yourself or your loved ones this Christmas or holiday season, you know who to call!
We recommend signing up for a one-time, weekly, biweekly, or monthly cleaning service with Plan: B Cleaning. This will give you the time to do what you love most and enjoy the holiday festivities in Fishers, Indiana. Plan: B Cleaning serves the Hamilton County area in Indiana, including Fishers, Carmel, Noblesville, Westfield, Fortville, and Geist. Call today to set up your cleaning service at (317) 572-8515 or visit our website at www.planbcleaning.com.