Debbie's Fall Favorites: Thanksgiving Recipes Straight from Fishers, Indiana
Hello, lovely residents of Fishers, Indiana! Debbie here from Plan: B Cleaning. As we gear up for the holiday season, I find myself reminiscing about the warm, hearty dishes that have graced our Thanksgiving tables year after year. Today, I'd love to share with you a couple of my all-time favorite Thanksgiving recipes that I'll be whipping up for my family this Thanksgiving.
1. Sugar Cream Pie
This classic dessert is close to my heart and has been a staple in our household for years. The creamy filling paired with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg truly embodies the essence of fall.
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 pint half and half
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg for sprinkling
- Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the flour.
- Add in the half and half, milk, and sugar.
- Heat on medium-high, stirring constantly for around 20 minutes.
- Once ready, pour into your pie crust and sprinkle with nutmeg followed by cinnamon.
- Bake at 400°F for about 10 minutes or until bubbly.
2. Pecan Pie
Ah, the glorious pecan pie! This dessert is a symphony of textures and flavors, with the crunchy pecans complementing the soft, sweet filling.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1 cup crushed pecans
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Gradually mix in the other ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into an uncooked 9-inch pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425°F.
- Reduce the temperature to 300°F and bake for another 40-50 minutes or until the filling sets.
Fishers have always had a special place in my heart, and nothing brings the community closer than sharing delightful meals with our loved ones. I hope these recipes add warmth and joy to your holiday celebrations.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with love, gratitude, and delicious food!
Warm regards, Debbie from Plan: B Cleaning