After the festivities of the holiday season have ended, post-holiday clean-up is an inevitable part of life. But with a few simple tips and tricks, post-Christmas cleaning can be a breeze. Here are 4 tips for easy post-holiday cleanup that will help you get your home back in order in no time.
1) Tackle the Decorations
– Slowly and methodically take down all of your decorations. Start with those that are in difficult-to-reach areas, like windows and ceilings. This will help you keep track of which decorations have already been taken down, and it will also help to reduce the amount of clutter as you work your way through the entire house.
– Once you’ve finished taking down the decorations, create a storage system that will make it easy to find them next year. Label each box or bin with a description of what is inside, and make sure to store decorations in a dry, cool area.
2) Purge What You Don’t Need
Purge what you don’t need: If you’re like most people, you’ve accumulated a lot of new items during the holidays. Take some time to go through everything and get rid of what you don’t need or want. Donate any items that are in good condition and throw out the rest.
3) Toss the Trash
– Designate a trash bag or two for quick disposal. This is an easy way to quickly grab all of the debris that’s left after the holidays and dump it out in one fell swoop. It can also save you time when it comes to hauling it to the curb.
– Reuse where you can. Instead of tossing everything, make sure to keep an eye out for items that can be reused or repurposed for future holiday celebrations. This could include items such as bows, gift bags, and more.
– Recycle what you can. Some trash service companies in and around Fishers, Indiana offer curbside recycling options for items such as paper, cardboard boxes, and plastic containers. Take advantage of this service and place recyclables into the proper bins for easy collection.
4) Hire the Home Cleaning Professionals at Plan: B Cleaning
Enjoying the holidays with family and friends is a blessing, but the mess that comes with it can be overwhelming. Cleaning up after Christmas and getting your home back in order can seem like an insurmountable task. Fortunately, Plan: B Cleaning is here to help you get through the post-holiday cleanup quickly and easily. We offer one-time, weekly, biweekly, and monthly cleaning services.
If you reside in the Hamilton County area in Indiana, including Fishers, Carmel, Noblesville, Westfield, Fortville, and Geist, call (317) 572-8515 or get your free quote at www.planbcleaning.com/free-estimates.