You don’t need to spend a lot of money on closet organization systems. With just a little bit of creativity and some inexpensive items, you can make your closet space more organized, functional, and beautiful. This blog post will give you tips on how to organize your closet so that it’s easier for you to find what you’re looking for when getting ready in the morning!
Organization Tips & Tricks
- Start with donating clothes and accessories that you no longer wear or want that are only cluttering your closet. This will clear out space for a more efficient organizational system.
- Utilize floor space for shoes, handbags, and other storage bins.
- Utilize wall space to hang up hats, belts, scarves, etc. Depending on how much of your closet is open with no doors or built-in shelves, you can add hanging rods and hang-up clothes or accessories in your closet to make more space.
- Store off-season clothes or bulky sweaters inside floor bins or under the bed. This will open up more space for you to organize your in-season clothes.
- You can use special hangers with clips or hooks to hang up scarves, belts, and ties.
- Try organizing your closet by color so it’s easier to find matching clothes. Or if you have a lot of clothes, organize them by season.
- You can use closet dividers to separate different types/styles of clothing so you can find certain clothing items easier.
- Shoes may be the hardest thing to organize but there are closet organizers especially for shoes that can maximize space. Try storing away shoes that are out of season or for special occasions only under the bed in bins.
- You can also get closet systems if you have the space and budget to do so and utilize more of your closet space this way.
Remember that closet organization is a process and takes time. By following these steps and tips, you’ll be in the best position to make your closet work for you! Don’t get discouraged if it seems overwhelming at first — just take one step at a time!
If you are interested in cleaning services in the Hamilton County & Northern Indianapolis areas, Plan: B Cleaning is here for you! Plan: B Cleaning is a member of ISSA, a member of ARCSI, and GBAC Certified, so you know the team of cleaners that you are hiring is professional and knowledgeable.
Call (317) 572-8515 or visit https://planbcleaning.com/ for more info and let the team at Plan: B Cleaning take care of your home and give you more time to do what you love!